Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Cinnamon Dare


So Aubs and I were sitting around about an hour ago and got the bright idea that we should do something absurd instead of finishing our homework. Well I decided to bet Aubrey 20 bucks that she wouldn't be able to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon (I knew better) and Aubs- being the tough girl she is- said "psh, I can do it. It's just cinnamon". Now keep in mind, I fully informed Aubrey of the reactions she would experience (it's pretty much impossible, your mouth is simply too dry and the reaction is not pleasant.. If you're bored, try it) but she failed to heed my warning and poured out the cinnamon. Not 5 seconds after she consumed the "lethal dosage", extreme gagging and coughing ensued. She gripped the sink and stuck her head under the faucet gasping and gulping down water like crazy! We were cracking up for a couple of minutes until cinnamon started coming out of her nose while her ears, eyes and mouth began to itch. The cinnamon had started a full on war with her olfactory region. Aubrey is seriously allergic to EVERYTHING! I guess we had never put cinnamon on the black list of DO NOT EAT foods. Pretty soon we were on WebMD trying to figure out if she would need emergency care. We even called a doctor but he assured us that a Benadryl would do the trick. In my opinion my sister had turned into a Hitch look-a-like. I'm just hoping the Benadryl kicks in soon.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

An hour has passed and cinnamon is STiLL coming out my nose!

AMBER said...

Girl you are too funny!!! Glad you are bloggin! Love ya. Have a great night. And good luck with the cinnamon, sounds like a moment you will never forget!

+AM+ said...

hmmm. would we say that sister isn't the sharpest tool in the blackburn shed? just kiddin aubrey :)

honestly, i wish i were brave enough to try something like this, but my digestive tract doesn't need any discouragement these days.

The Kemptons said...

Brit....how are you darling. I am so excited I found your blog off f Amber's. You are such a cute girl.So where are you now? Are you still in NY or are you back home? I hope you are doing great. I also was so mad about the Suns game I am hoping they can pull it through tonight!

Cari Florence said...

Yea!! Brittney has a blog! I'm so happy:) We all need to get together before Shelly leaves and do lunch or something.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post! I think I'll have Ryan try the cinnamon thing. Hope Aubrey feels better. hahaha!

Jill Rosenhan said...

Hey Brittany!
I found your blog off your facebook. I feel like a stalker but I was bored one day on my phone and saw you were blogging, so I added you to my list. Quinn is on here too.

Cinnamon.. my blonde brain has tried it. Never again.