Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels


I had a pretty exciting night of fencing on thursday. It was like any other fencing practice, bouts, games, bruises etc. Around 10:30 it was about time for Eric and I to take off so we walked out to the parking lot and lingered a bit to discuss the upcoming tournament. At that moment I noticed two guys burst out of our fencing equipment room with two foils (swords) in their hands. They were jumping around in a mock duel fashion making pirate slash karate noises. I knew these two punks weren't fencers so I decided to yell at them.. "Hey!!! Those aren't your foils!!!".. They cursed and took off running through campus. For some reason my attitude got ahead of me and I kept yelling at them instead of actually pursuing the oh so professional foil thieves. Just then we saw security and Eric and I quickly told him that our swords had been stolen. He then radioed the rest of the security team to scour the campus. Eric and and took off to alert the other fencers. I dramatically banged on the door thinking "I can't believe I'm about to release Cliff, Casey, and Sterling on these punks", I actually almost felt bad for them. First of all, these 3 guys are like X-Men, Gladiators and the Knights Templar combined! Still, I informed them of our current situation. I have NEVER seen 3 guys take off so quickly in my life!! Kelsey and I hurried after them running at full speed. I still don't know who in their right mind messes with a team of fencers! Slightly idiotic if you ask me. So picture this, a team of fencers running about campus looking borderline insane. Cliff is decked out in fencing knickers, and full armor including a breast plate (a little extreme) and he runs over to group of artsy kids that had been lingering on campus and exclaims "Hey! Have you seen a couple of guys run through here with swords?!".. The group eyed Cliff and his bizarre ensemble and shook their heads in a confused N O.. Well we sprinted around the campus for a little longer and realized the Cops had showed up. We filled out reports and gave descriptions but never found our foils. Nonetheless, we had a very entertaining evening of fencing.

0 comments: