Sunday, July 6, 2008

SuNdAy...Paris 3

Well my attempts to sleep last night were again interrupted by the Karaoke bars and clubs. The last thing I heard before finally downing a sleeping pill was "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Everyone in the street was singing along (just the chorus) in their prominent french accents. It definitely had me laughing because it's one of my favorite songs and I really enjoyed hearing it in that  setting.
This morning I had my first walk to church. I left a little early (pinned the afro back) because I wasn't sure how long it would take me. I ended up getting there 30 min early so I decided to walk a little further and see the Hôtel de Ville and go across the Seine and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was beautiful. I also 
happened to go at the perfect time. Tourists apparently aren't up at 9 on a Sunday morning. I took a few pictures of the Seine and made my way back to church. I met this awesome girl named Kathleen in Relief Society who was on vacation from her home in New Zealand. She is seriously the nicest girl! She introduced me to her brother Kemp after church who is equally as nice. They invited me out for shopping after I get out of school tomorrow and we're going to Montmartre on Tuesday. I can't wait!
After church I went home, changed clothes and decided to navigate my way to school for a test run. It turned out to only be a 15 min walk! Then on my way back I didn't really feel like going home yet so I walked all the way back to the Notre Dame and it was packed with tourists.
I decided to avoid the crowds and went along the little side streets to capture photos of quaint storefronts and the back of Notre Dame. A jazzy band was playing which made the atmosphere all the more enjoyable. I explored a little side path and found a little shaded seating area looking over the Seine and sat there for half an hour just enjoying the warm and cool windy weather.
I decided to end the day because my feet were hurting SO badly. I hate breaking in shoes!I walked home, showered, tried to calm the afro and had some milk and baguette for dinner..mmmm...Well school starts tomorrow. I'm a little nervous but excited to be speaking french!

1 comments:

Katrina Wright said...

I am so excited for you and enjoy your posts... i told jared that you are in paris and he is going to give me some things for you to do because he lived there for two years... have fun be safe!