Monday, July 7, 2008

Shopping and Luxembourg Jardin..PaRiS 4

Well today was my first day of school. Class was difficult at first (mainly because it's taught completely in french) but I soon got the hang of it and understood what the teacher was saying. My class is pretty small. There's: Peter from Australia, Allison from New York, Fünda from Turkey, Felix from Spain, Olivia from Seattle and Nicole from North Carolina. It's a really fun group :).  

After school I went home and met up with Kat and Kemp and we all went out to find a place to get lunch. Kat was really craving duck and wanted me to sample it as well. So after checking a few local café menus we found one serving duck with raspberry sauce. I ordered chicken tandoori which looked a little scary but wasn't too bad. We had a great chat about our lives, 
school and such and then they paid for my meal! They were so nice :)
Well the rest of the day we went to various shops on St. Germain des Près and St. Michel. I only bought a few items but it's SOLDES season in Paris right now and I'll definitely be going out to get more! Kitty and I found a little Vintage shop near the 
Hôtel de Ville that had the best stuff for 5-30 euros, I'll be heading back there too. We stopped at an internet café for a bit to catch up on life and then made our way over to Luxembourg gardens. Gorgeous. I was in love and had found my new designated 
"reading place". The sky was partly overcast and the weather was amazing. The lighting was perfect so I was able to snap some sweet shots. We lingered a bit and took the subway back and we separated at different stops. When I went above ground I was completely lost. I knew I wasn't far from home but I was pretty turned around. ( I hadn't figured out that there was a closer metro to my house yet.) I started walking and then the wind picked up and the rain started in on a steady down pour. I opened my obnoxious green umbrella with large brown polka dots to attempt to shield myself from the cold rain. Well, the wind was quite strong and by quite strong I mean I could've been Mary Poppins if my umbrella had been opened for 30 more seconds. The wind sucked my umbrella inside out I began to pull it away from me with an alarming amount of force. So here I am, standing on a corner, lost, and wrestling with my polka dot umbrella while getting drenched. Life was good. I finally found my way back to Rue Montorguiel and stopped into a Boulangerie to get a baguette (of course). I also purchased un éclair chocolat for good measure ( I felt I earned it). After I got home I ate my incredibly rich éclair and nearly ate the WhOLe Baguette!! It was as long as my arm! But skinnier so I don't feel too guilty. Well tomorrow is Montmartre with the K's!.. Oh.. and I'm STILL sporting the fro.. this has got to end.

2 comments:

Cari Florence said...

So Fun!! It sounds like you're really picking up the language! Britt seriously, I am completely jealous :) I would love to live France for a few months.

+AM+ said...

i don't even know where to start my jealous rants...