Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rain rain go away.. PaRiS 5

Ugh, it was raining AgAiN today!.. I feel so unprepared being here! I don't have any cute fall/winter clothes (I'm freezing), my hair is HIDEOUS and my favorite sunglasses just broke today (sorry for the melodramatic "Clueless" monologue. I assure you, I do have a brain and don't JuSt care about fashion. Just needed to vent). I need to always remind myself when I'm in a bit of a sour mood that I'm in PaRiS! No need to complain about anything. Ahh.. that's better.


School went well today. We worked on passé composé. Blah. And then I felt terribly sick and went home during the break to rest for an hour or two. At 1:30 I (pinned the fro back) walked down to the chapel to meet up with Kemp and Kitty. We took the metro all the way down to some ghetto stop just to get some "amazing crepes". I ordered a poulet et fromage crepe and it was... TO DIE FOR! No exaggeration here. I was in heaven! It was incredi
bly filling, I couldn't even finish it. Afterwards we took
the train up to Montmartre and did a little shopping at the coolest boutiques. 62 euros later the K's and I walked up what felt like 20 flights of stairs and arrived in Painters Square. It was ridiculously charming. Artist's were everywhere showing off their best work, competing for the most reasonable price and they were all sheltered by umbrellas preciously guarding their masterpieces from the storm.   I considered getting a portrait by maybe the next Toulouse-Lautrec but then I couldn't figure out why in the world I would want a portrait of myself and where on earth would I put it? Hanging in my room? Hmm.. I think not. We started walking towards Sacré Coeur and it resembled an enormous, decadent wedding cake that over looked the entire city. The view was incredible. All of Paris was laid out before me. I was a bit overwhelmed as to the size of the city but it was beautiful. I was pretty impressed by the 
building until Kemp
 told me it was built in 1895. I was no longer interested
it was practically brand new! A little over the top too. We finally came to the decision to climb to the top of the dome. Oh my.. it took FoRever! If you've ever climbed the bell tower in Florence, this was nearly the same. An extremely small staircase that I expect only the Japanese could fit through complete with never ending steps. My legs
had turned to wobbly jelly when I finally reached the top but I was able to savour the view (and sit down) for a while. We took loads of pictures and finally made our descent ALL THE WAY down. I got soo dizzy just staring at the worn, spiraling steps below me. After what felt like an hour we were in the crypt. Pretty lame. It wasn't worth the extra euros to visit. We left and hung around Painters Square for a bit and stopped in a little café to sample their nutella crepes. Mmmmm... Delicious!! Well we were worn out so we called it a day and I'm home studying, writing in the journal, eating a baguette and watching Sabrina. I couldn't be happier :).

0 comments: